Successful candidates will be engaged in processing both observed and model maritime data, and in particular in:
- supporting VISIR model code developments
- porting/recoding/re-engineering/developing new numerical procedures based on heterogeneous maritime data
- developing/maintaining and improving operational chain components.
The initial appointment is for 24 months starting from July 2020 at an annual salary ranging from 22K to 38K Euros for junior research associates and from 32K to 48K Euros for senior research associates, comprehensive of benefits, depending on qualification and experience.
Expected skills and experience:
- M.Sc. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics
- Good knowledge of scientific programming languages (preferably Python, Matlab, R)
- knowledge of version control systems (e.g., git)
- knowledge of UNIX/Linux operating systems
- fluency in the English language
- knowledge of workflow management platforms
- experience in managing/manipulating NetCDF data
Public tender and information to apply available here.